Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Original diagnosis denied, then confirmed

I'm not crazy. No seriously, Until today I actually thought I was losing my mind feeling all pregnant like. I'd taken 6 pregnancy tests and they all were negative. I was just waiting for my period to show up. Of course, sometime in the last two weeks it occured to me that if we were going to continue using the prayer method of birthcontrol (and considering the number of tests I'd gone through with this late period), I would probably be well advised to find a cheaper source of pregnancy tests than my local grocery store. So I went on the internet and bought 25 tests for 10 bucks. They arrived yesterday. Being new and different I just had to try one as soon as I got them.

Here's where you take a deep breath.

It was faintly positive. So I think. "Just Great! these tests are duds, better check to see if another one comes up positive"
Another faint positive.
And Another,
And Another,
So then I think "Either I really am pregnant or all the tests are duds!"

That's when I asked my husband to pee in a cup for me.

Needless to say he refused.

So this morning I tried again with AM pee. It was still faint but still positive.
So over the course of the Day I conferred with my best friend and a childhood friend of mine who is currently pregnant. The general consensus is that I should get another drugstore test and make a doctor's appt.
I managed to get a Doctor's appt for 9:30 AM tommorow.
I managed to pick up a drugstore test on the way home from work.

Guess what?
It's not faintly positive! It's completely and totally positive. There's no denying it.

We're pregnant.

Why does this feel like the worst time ever to be pregnant?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home